What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our blog, website or app?
- When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, breeder information or other details to help you with your experience
When do we collect information?
- We collect information from you when you fill out a form or enter information on our website
- Provide us with feedback on our products or services
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register or contact us
To quickly process your certification
To follow up with you after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries)
How do we protect your information?
- Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible
- We use regular Malware Scanning
- Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems and are required to keep the information confidential
- All sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology
- We implement a variety of security measures when a user enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information
- None of your information is kept on our servers
Do we use ‘cookies’?
- We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information
- We do not include or offer third-party products or services on our website
- Google’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s Advertising Principles
- They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en
- We have not enabled Google AdSense on our site but we may do so in the future
California Online Privacy Protection Act:
According to CalOPPA, we agree to the following:
- Users can visit our site anonymously
- You can change your personal information:
- By emailing us
How does our site handle Do Not Track signals?
- We honor Do Not Track signals and Do Not Track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place
Does our site allow third-party behavioral tracking?
- It’s also important to note that we do not allow third-party behavioral tracking
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
- When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control
- The Federal Trade Commission, United States’ consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety onlinel
- We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old
Fair Information Practices
- The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe
- Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information
Individual Redress Principle:
- We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle which requires that individuals have the right to legally pursue enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law
- This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors
CAN SPAM Act:
- The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations
We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
- We will notify you via email
- Within 7 business days
To be in accordance with CANSPAM, we agree to the following:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us
- Follow the instructions at the bottom of each email and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence